Fair Trade Standards
Fair trade makes sure the weakest and poorest of people are not taken advantage of in markets. Fair trade allows people to have more power and control over their lives and their business. Fair prices, safe working conditions, and local sustainability is the emphasis for people in the developing world. All of NationWares trade principles are based upon the standards determined by the Fair Trade Federation. NationWares sells Fair Trade products that are designed and created by artisans who are paid a fair salary while working in safe environments. Supporting Fair Trade creates healthy employment and dignity for all people.
NationWares is proud to support the following trade practices:
• Fair wages according to local context
• Artisans given opportunities for business development
• Engagement in environmentally sustainable practices
• Open to public accountability
• Long term relationships built
• Equal opportunities provided for all people, particularly the most disadvantaged.
• Healthy and safe working conditions provided
• No abuse of child labour